JOB DESCRIPTION: NURSE MANAGER
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Nurse Manager has the responsibility of supervising the day-to-day medical operations of the Clinic, ensuring that the highest standard of patient care is provided. This includes the management and supervision of all medical staff (paid and volunteer), and the implementation and maintenance of Clinic Policies and Procedures.
REPORTS TO: CEO and Medical Director
SUPERVISES: Medical Assistants, Nurses (paid and volunteer), and other medical personnel.
RELATES CLOSELY WITH: CEO, Medical Director, and Client Advocate Volunteers
- Is a mature Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Is actively attending a local Christian church
- Exhibits strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position without exception
- Dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments
- Must be service-minded, self-motivated, and willing to be a team player
- Knowledge of scripture, especially pertaining to the sanctity of human life, forgiveness, and salvation
- Must be a RN/BSN with a current license in good standing with the CA Board of Registered Nursing.
- Holds a current CPR certificate (BSL training)
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the medical team
- Comfortable with teaching and public speaking
- Must be skilled in staff management and administration
- Has computer skills in word processing and internet operation (Microsoft Office programs). Knowledge regarding Electronic Medical Records preferred
- Must possess good people skills and be able to get along and supervise others with different personalities
- Agrees with and is willing to uphold Assure’s Statement of Faith, Standards of Conduct, Statement of Principle, and all Policies and Procedures
- Respects and adheres to all HIPAA and confidentiality policies regarding clients
- Completion of Assure Pregnancy Clinic’s Volunteer Training
- Willingness to attend volunteer meetings and occasional speaking engagements
- Physical aptitude regarding performing and interpreting ultrasounds when trained
To perform ultrasounds following MD’s Standing Orders and insure client medical follow-up when indicated
To insure the integrity of Assure’s and Medical Director’s licenses by making sure Policies and Procedures are updated and being followed
To train and supervise all medical staff and medical volunteers
Responsible for all patient testing (Pregnancy, Hemoglobin, dipstick Urinalysis, STD)
Ensure that all staff/volunteer Health Histories are current (including PPD and HEP B)
Oversee the timely filing of Medi-Cal billing
Oversee the timely review and reading of all ultrasound scans by the Medical Director
Ensure that all clinic medical supplies are well stocked, and oversee the equipping of all medical exam rooms
Oversee the maintenance and cleaning of medical equipment
To provide counseling and services for patients when volunteers are unavailable or are inadequate to meet Clinic needs.
Disseminate new policies and procedures to all staff and volunteers
To implement and maintain Medical Policies and Procedures as set forth by the Medical Director and CEO
To prepare recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to be submitted to the CEO as the need arises.
To inform the CEO of any progress or challenges which have arisen in the Clinic
Make sure Medical Director reviews all medical-related information, i.e. brochures, pamphlets, information sheets, etc for medical accuracy
To ensure that accurate patient records and statistics are maintained to satisfy licensing requirements.
Insure ongoing chart reviews are done and Clinic Quality Assurance Procedures are followed
To annually evaluate the performance of all medical clinic staff and medical volunteers
Oversee the regular updates to referral/resource manuals
This is a 32-hour-per-week full-time hourly position. Beginning pay is $32 per hour. Evaluation will be conducted 90 days after the beginning of employment and annually thereafter.
To apply, fill out this document Employment Application PDF and sent it to email@example.com